Student Travel Awards are available to Graduate Students for participation in the Annual Symposium of the Society of Toxicologic Pathology. Each of the students who is chosen will receive a stipend (approximately $1,000 varies yearly) to defray travel, and lodging costs associated with attending the convention, complimentary meeting registration, and complimentary student membership (for the following year). Recipients will be honored at an Awards Ceremony prior to the Annual Business Meeting on Wednesday.
All recipients will be required to present a poster at the Symposium and submit an abstract describing their original work involving clinical or experimental research that relates to experimental or toxicologic pathology. Abstracts should be clear and complete with Introduction (including purpose/ justification), Methods, Results, and Conclusions sections. The letter of nomination, Curriculum Vitae, and statement of career goals will also be taken into consideration. Some trainees will be asked to give an additional short oral presentation concurrent with scientific sessions.
Eligibility: To be eligible to compete for this award, trainees must be graduate students working in the field of experimental or toxicologic pathology or a related discipline (to include veterinary students, pathology residents [veterinary or medical] and/or MS or PhD students), and must be available to travel to Raleigh, North Carolina to attend the meeting. Candidates who have recently completed their graduate studies (within 12 months of the application date) will also be eligible.
How to Apply:
- Fill out application online. Be prepared to submit the items below as part of the application.
- Ask your faculty advisor or a faculty member who is familiar with your work to submit a letter of nomination summarizing your qualifications.
- Submit your Curriculum Vitae.
- Include a statement of career goals in toxicologic pathology.
- Submit an abstract (250-word limit) describing your original work involving clinical or experimental research that relates to experimental or toxicologic pathology. The quality of the abstract, including the scientific content and impact of the research, is critical to the judging process. Abstracts must be submitted online by March 30.
Young Investigator Awards Also Available
Young Investigator Awards (1st, $750; 2nd, $500; 3rd, $250) will also be presented at the Annual Symposium for the top three student poster abstract presentations. When you submit an abstract online, please check the appropriate box to indicate your interest in applying for the Young Investigator Award. Applicants will receive instructions about the selection process and poster judging times via email.
Student Travel Award applicants should complete the application form, personal statement, letter of recommendation and Curriculum Vitae. The deadline for submission is March 30 by 5:00 pm ET to be considered for the current annual award cycle.